The Moon is the nocturnal counterpart to the Sun and it has at least equal importance. Your Moon Sign is often a more reliable symbol of your day-to-day behaviour than your Sun Sign is. To the ancients, the Moon was an important consideration for determining a person’s temperament.
What your Moon’s astrological placement suggests about you is both obvious and subtle. Most simply, it’s about what you need to feel secure and thus able to relate well with others. Much of this functioning happens when we are semi-conscious so we don’t always work with it to full advantage.
The Moon is an ingredient fundamental to relating with others because it is about family and deep bonding. Without the needs of your Moon being met, you can’t feel safe enough to be in any relationship.
Lunar keywords include:
- Your home
- Emotions, Reactions, Habits
- Mother and baby relationship; bonding, nurturing, shelter, and relational safety
- Your familial connections and relationship to your current home and your home of origin
- What nurturing you need and how you can nurture others
- What you find emotionally gratifying
Learn more about the nature of the Moon in your horoscope by having an All About You reading.